Asbestos Removal in Santa Barbara, CA
Santa Barbara has a rich architectural history that has been preserved. Victorian homes originally built in the late 1800’s are seen downtown. California Bungalow Style homes from the early 1900’s are still inhabited. The Spanish Colonial and Mission Revival Style of homes and public buildings that gained popularity during the rebuilding period following the 1925 earthquake are still as common today as they were then.
No matter the type of architecture used, many residential, public, and business properties in Santa Barbara have one thing in common. Most were originally built before the use of asbestos materials began to be phased out.
Because disturbing asbestos containing materials can cause them to release harmful fibers or particles, every precaution should be taken to keep you and others safe. Before beginning a renovation or remodeling project, get a professional inspection and site survey and have a highly qualified and licensed Santa Barbara asbestos abatement company remove any asbestos that is found.
Can I Remove Asbestos Myself?
Even if you describe yourself as the DIY (do-it-yourself) type, it’s better you allow Alternative Technologies Inc handle your asbestos problem. We regularly hear from people how glad they decided to have us dispose of their asbestos from the start instead of trying on their own. Why? Once we were done, they had peace of mind that a trained asbestos contractor handled everything properly keeping their property and those who enter it safe.
Here are the top reasons why non-professionals may cause harm attempting to remove asbestos:
- Not understanding all compliance regulations (local/state/federal)
- Not wearing adequate personal protective equipment
- Not enclosing the area being worked on adequately
- Not keeping thorough documentation to refer back to later if needed
- Not using the right tools and equipment or not using them correctly
- Not having the experience to know what to do when the unexpected happens
- Not disposing or transporting hazardous waste properly
- Not ensuring everything is up to code
- Not adequately cleaning up all remaining potential hazards when finished
Our Santa Barbara Services
No matter what type of Santa Barbara home, business, or public building you own, let us be your trusted asbestos removal company in Santa Barbara. Successfully completing more than 12,000 projects over the past 26+ years, having a long-term highly trained staff, being fully licensed and insured, and following all compliance regulations gives you the assurance you want and need.
Contact Alternative Technologies Inc at 818-700-8002 or online for a free estimate.
Our services include the removal and disposal of asbestos from:
- Duct Systems
- Floor Tiles
- Ceiling Tiles
- Wall and Attic Insulation
- Textured Paint and Patching Compounds
- Fire Proofing Materials
- and many other areas
Our specialists remove asbestos quickly and affordably in the following Santa Barbara zip codes:
93101, 93103, 93105, 93108, 93109, 93110, 93111, 93117